Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More cake!

I just finished course 2 in the Wilton cake decorating classes! It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work. I am officially caked out-even though I only had to make 1 cake... We learned to make more flowers and how to do the basket weave design. I really enjoy making the flowers! Icing a cake perfectly is just not my niche. Jared immediately dug-literally-into my cake the moment I got home with it so I never got a good picture of the finished product. He'd been anticipating this cake all month.
Here are all the pretty flowers I got to make except the Mum. I couldn't do the Mum very well at all. We also learned how to use color flow(the birds and birdhouse).


This is the bad side of my cake. Jared tore up the prettier side.


What was left of some of the flower arrangements.


Oh I found this hilarious blog called "Cake Wrecks." I can't believe some of these cakes that people find or have made-not all are wrecks, some are amazing or just plain creepy. If you ever need a good laugh you should check it out here.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

UGH...he should have let you at least take a picture!! It was so pretty!!