Monday, January 26, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Wookies?

We've had a pretty eventful week. Last Monday was a gorgeous warm sunny day so we decided to check out the Phoenix Zoo with some friends. I've only been to the World Wildlife Zoo here because I was told it was better. Whomever gave me that advice must have been deranged because I absolutely loved the Phoenix Zoo! I went in there excited to see the sting ray tank so Ethan could touch one, and you have to pay to see them?! As if the admission price wasn't enough, I had to pay extra to see certain animals??? Other than that slight downfall it was a really fun day.






There was a man just chilling out in the exhibit behind that green pole. I wondered if he was the new animal??


They were both sleeping until a jet flew over.


They have a monkey village you can walk through and the monkeys jump all around you!


This one was camera shy.


No tiger pics because he was hiding waaaaay up in his tree. You could only see a shadow of him, and his tail sway back and forth.


So now you're wondering where the Wookies come in right? Well Jared and I decided to go to the Phoenix Comic Con. I always thought I was such a dork, but after witnessing some of the characters-literally-I realize I am not so much. There were soooooo many people dressed up and I didn't know what half of them were. They were mostly Anime related, but I guess I don't read enough. There were even Star Wars training camps. Now back to the Wookie. We met Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars Movies!!!! He's ginormous and very intimidating.
Chewbacca!!!! What a Wookie!!!!


There was also another guy from Star Wars there but I didn't really know who he was... I think his name is on that poster in the backround.



We also saw the original Hulk, Lou Ferrigno. You had to pay $30 to take his picture-seriously. We managed to sneak one of him anyway...



Jared met Michael A. Stackpole, an author he really likes and got an autographed copy of one of his books. He was upset that he'd missed Timothy Zahn the day before, another author he likes. All and all it was a fun day. Can't wait until next year!

Us being dorks.


Jedi Training.

No comments: