Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bah Humbug!

I have to say that "The Holidays" are not usually my favorite time of year. For years before I moved to AZ it was always cold and I was away from family. Sometimes there was even my most dreaded weather ailment-snow. I despise snow!! Something I blame on living in the New England area for nearly 2 years. If you've ever had the desire to visit or live in the northeast, just forget about it unless you love the freezing cold and seriously rude people. Besides the weather, you have the crazy shopping crowds and sometimes just crazy people in general to deal with. Oh and if you play Christmas music before December 1st, I tend to think you're just a little wacky. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Christmas music. Just not as much as my Mom and a certain crazy loving family. Years of working in retail and having to listen to Christmas music from September on have caused my intolerance for it.
Basically Christmas with just Jared and I was boring. I still wake up early and excited to open presents on Christmas morning regardless of the fact that I already know what they are. Jared does not. But now that Ethan and Max are in the picture it will be more exciting!

If I had to choose a fav Christmas song I think this would be it. It's funny and I can kind of relate to some of the lyrics... Mostly funny tho.


Jared and my Dad even put lights up on our house!! That is a major thing for us since we don't really like to decorate for anything.


I tried to use the night vision on my camera to take these pics. Makes the lights look cooler than they actually do.




Oh and my parents joined a Hawaiian Club!! They signed Ethan and Max up for the kids Christmas party.As you can see neither of them really cared to see Santa and his wife, but I'm sure they will in the coming years.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Crazy family? You coudln't possibly be referring to US!?!? No matter! It doesn't deter my Christmas spirit!!! It's the hap-hap-happiest time of the year! :-)

PS love the pics of the cute little boys. Thanks for letting me have Ethan this week. Just can't get enough of that boy!