There has been tons going on and I've just been too lazy to blog about it. First off I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Max!! I really thought I would have had him by now, but he seems to like his nice cramped little space in my belly. Apparently my belly is really gi-normous too. An older man stopped me at the store and was telling me he'd never seen a belly as big as mine... I'm not sure if he was joking, but at this point in time I'm not very willing to be nice and sweet to anyone that has something "funny" to say about the size of my belly. I just smiled at him and went on my merry way while plotting to kidnap his jazzy so I could use it the rest of the time I was in the store.
I have also been decorating my house for Halloween!!! As much as I love Halloween I have never really decorated for it, so it's been fun coming up with things to put in my window and on the porch. It really is one of the most wonderful times of the year! Then I'm going to attempt to make Ethan's costume this year-with some help if I can ever make it out to Cheryl's anyway. I've been wanting to make him Max from Where the Wild Things Are since he was born. Seriously, when I found out Ethan was a boy I've been thinking of all the cool things I can make him dress up as for Halloween before he could argue too much with me. This year will have to do because the movie comes out next October and I'm sure that every other little kid is going to want to dress up as Max. That and he's just at that age where you can watch him run around and be adorable.
Ethan has been doing really well with talking and repeating things. Lately he's been obsessed with "bumbabee" the Transformer Bumblebee, and "babob" Spongebob. That's all everything is to him. Sadly-for me anyway-he doesn't seem to care for Batman. It'll sink in one of these days. He doesn't really care for Star Wars either, but Jared is happy with Transformers for now. I think he may be getting closer to potty training too. I thought I would be happy about this, but I'm nervous and feeling like it's a bad time to start it, especially when Max arrives. He gets a new "byper" for himself when he wants it changed and has even been found standing at the toilet trying to go "pee pee." He's also really into taking his clothes off. Wrong time of year for that since it's starting to cool down, but whatever.
My parents seem to love it here so far. My dad, Jared and some friends go golfing just about every week leaving my mom and I alone to think of all kinds of totally unnecessary craft projects to do while they're away. I don't really think they care so long as we let them go golfing. My Mom has definitely decided she likes hanging out at Cheryl's church. We were there last Saturday for "Super Saturday" and she got complemented on how young she looks. She really does look young. They couldn't believe she had a daughter my age who's about to have another kid. People thought we were the same age... I'm not sure if I liked that part, but whatever. Oh, and contrary to popular belief Jared and I don't see them that often. We all do our own thing and stop by like once or twice a week. So even if you see their truck in our driveway you can still stop by and visit. You won't be intruding. Now whether or not we're always home is another story...
The neighborhood is starting to fill up and I am really enjoying getting to know people-when I'm in the mood to get to know them anyway. I've been really bad at it lately... I've been a total hermit so I'm sure they all think I'm a snob or something now. Oh well, you can't please everybody. But if you have any suggestions on how to help get this baby out of me in the next week I'll bake you a cake or something? Really I'm ready to have him and if he's not ready soon the docs are going to slice me open-again.
1 comment:
If anyone comments on your size again, you can just talk to Jill. To this day, she still swears she has never seen a bigger pregnant person than me when I had the twins. Mark told beth when she was pregnant with brody that the only person he ever saw who was bigger than her was me. Nice. Anyway, glad your mom had fun at Super Saturday! She does look young... though I guess since I've always known her as your mom, I've never thought about it! Come soon so we can do the halloween costume. We gotta get that done before the real Max makes his appearance.
Post a Comment