Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where have you been?

Yeah so it's been awhile... It's not that I haven't had things to write about, just too lazy to write. But at my Mom's pleading I am going to put something up here. As some of you have heard Ethan is going to be a big brother!!! That's the main reason I've been so lazy lately-at least that's the excuse I'm sticking with. Jared and I are excited and nervous about this new edition coming in October. We're not sure how Ethan is going to react and since Ethan was/is such a good kid we figure the odds of this baby being just as good are not in our favor. I can tell you I wasn't very pleased with the way this one was treating me the first few months. But now that the morning sickness and most of my worries seem to have passed-knock on wood!-I'm able to enjoy being pregnant a little bit more. I had such an easy pregnancy with Ethan I thought I could do this a couple more times no problem. This pregnancy has been the exact opposite so far. But as long as I get a beautiful healthy baby in the end it's worth it. Anyway... That's pretty much sums up my past few months.

Ethan is just a wild bundle of energy most days. He's starting to say more, but again once he realizes that we wouldn't mind if he talked a bit more he stops. I don't know what it is. To get ready for our trip to HI later this year Jared and I have started showing him pics of family(both sides)so he can hopefully recognize them. He's done good and will point at people and say "grandma" or "grandpa" but only when he thinks no one is paying attention. Often times everyone is either "mommy" or "daddy" too. I guess he'll just talk when he's ready. He doesn't like when people talk to him like he's a little baby-neither do I. What's the point? So we really stress the no baby talk especially since he's still learning how to talk. He understands everything you tell him too, it's just also a matter of whether or not he wants to listen to what you have to say at the moment. If he doesn't want to pick something up he'll go up to the object and then walk away or he'll just shake his head "no." He's great at running, jumping, climbing and all that other little kid stuff. He's also getting better at opening doors. I'm always forgetting that the doors in Cheryl and Beth's houses have levers instead. Ethan is constantly running out the front door or hiding himself in the pantry. Any little cupboard he can squeeze himself into, he will. For a while he was trying to shut himself in the lazy susan, but he got his fingers caught. He's since been shutting the cat in there instead. Ethan started this new thing where he stands on the edge of the couch and just walks off or kinda free falls off whether or not there is someone there to catch him or something to break his fall. Thankfully it's not the back of the couch-yet. It started with him jumping off the couch onto Jared or me, then moved to jumping down off the couch to him now trying to free fall off the couch. Where he's getting these ideas is beyond me. Though I'm fine with blaming it on Jared for the moment. So now that I've bored you to tears look at some pics of the past few months and enjoy. I haven't taken any belly pics yet, but when I do I'll be sure to post them for your viewing pleasure-or displeasure. I have an ultrasound appointment on May 19 and I'll see of I can use someone's scanner so I can post those pics up too. Until then...


Easter at the Renaissance Fair. Ethan is channeling Jack Sparrow in his awesome bandana courtesy of McD's.


He really enjoyed the petting zoo at the fair.


He found the Easter Bunny!


He's over being a pirate.


A surprise visit from Great Grandpa and Anne!


He's all dressed up for the "Spring Ball." Cheryl held it in her backyard and there was dancing and a little dinner for all the younger kids. It was so cute!


There was playing and picture taking before the dinner and dancing. Ethan was more interested in playing than standing still to have his pic taken with the other kids tho :(





He was obsessed with the trampoline


I did manage to get one nice picture. He was trying to climb the tree.


Daddy left a green tea where Ethan could get it. He doesn't want to give it up.


See they do look alike.


Napping on our bed.


This is the scenario most mornings:I want to eat yogurt, Ethan does too. So I share a few bites until there's a little bit left at the bottom and the rest is his.


It's empty but he still doesn't want to give it up.


Having fun in his "playroom"(Charles' old room). We couldn't think of anything else to do with that room and got tired of all his toys crowding the living room.

No comments: