Blogging is totally new to me and I have no idea what to say so I'll start with the basics. Jared and I have the most adorable son on the planet! There it's out there, glad I got that off my chest.... (It's hard to be sarcastic when you're typing) He's up there with a few other baby boys I know and he is the absolute joy in my life. It's like I never really had a life until I had him. Jared claims that he himself is my whole reason for living, but what man doesn't think like that?
Now that I've bored you to near death I went to Chandler mall this past Saturday to meet up with some friends and see Hitman! I figured it would be super busy so I decided to go an hour early in hope of getting a good parking spot. I got my spot and attempted to roam the mall. I forgot all the "emo kids" would be there looking totally depressed and trying to kill themselves by wearing pounds of makeup that will ultimately strip them of any resemblance to a human being. And what is with guys looking and dressing like girls?! Not all emo is bad. I do like some of it, I'm just wary of the emo person. But that is another story for another time... So I'm trying to make my way to Barnes and Noble-the only sane place in the mall-looking for some comfort in finding books. I'm over in the teen section seeing if anything catches my eye and there's this girl checking out Twilight. Seeing an opportunity to let someone else in on the joy that is Twilight I start to talk to her about the book. She hasn't read it , but has heard great things and starts to tell me about a few other authors I should check out. We're just talking away about books and bands(I was wearing my Rancid Hooligan sweatshirt) and I see that I must go and meet my friends for the movie. I'm saying bye and she's like "Wait we should hang out," and breaks out her cell phone. You see where this is going? Then she asks me what high school I go to. Of course I have no answer and simply say I graduated in hopes of just jetting out of the store. She says that's cool because she's a senior, so I add "7 years ago..." She stares at me for a moment and laughs-not a mean laugh. I told her it was nice talking to her and maybe I'll see her in there another time and went to my movie which was great so check out Hitman or play the game.
I honestly don't know how to feel about that whole situation. Should I feel happy that someone thought I was young enough to be in high school or at least just graduated? Should I feel completely retarded that I was able to relate to a 17 year old? I do actually feel retarded because I'm at that stage where I can't stand the teenagers now these days and feel that my generation was the best anyway. But I'm lost at this moment. I don't want to be that mom that competes for attention with her kids friends. Everyone's parent wants to be the cool parent, but there is a fine line. Ultimately what really upsets me is I never found out if she lived close enough to me so I could ask her to baby-sit. Does that make me a bad person?
2 comments:
welcome to the bloggin world!!
I dont know if it means you are cool or a geek, but whatever, we are cool!!! You are my crazy new spontanious movie pal, I enjoyed our midnight trip to walmart, and eating dairy queen blizzards (even though you only managed one spoonful!) what a waste!!! anyway andria you are great and I am soo happy we can hang out whenever we want!!!!! ps ethan is cute, but I am not sure if he would beat brody as the cutest baby!!!
haha! but seriously, who doesn't enjoy the company of seventeen girls?
Post a Comment