Wednesday, December 26, 2007





So I hope everyone had a good Christmas. We did!! Ethan didn't wake up until 9 so that was awesome in itself. Jared and I were trying to show him the presents under the tree and Ethan could just care less. All he wanted was breakfast. We moved the presents to the middle of the living room to have more space to open them and Ethan being the good little helper he is was moving them right back under the tree. We finally started to open gifts and Ethan was just not interested. Jared and I ended up opening all his stuff! Once Ethan realized the shiny packages were hiding toys and things he was all over it. Strange how that works? I doubt he'll ever do that again.

We'd made plans to go to Santa's Theme Park that day with some of our peeps. They were supposed to come over a little early and help make Christmas lunch, but of course it was excuse after excuse not to help while I slaved over a hot stove all morning. Such rude people sometimes. None of them have died from my cooking so I'm guessing all was good. Santa's was pretty fun too. A lot more than I expected. I could've done without the cold wind though. We took the kids on rides and I'm proud to say that Ethan did great! I took him to Chuck-E-Cheese once and he freaked when the car ride started up. He loved the flying elephants! I went on a few grown up rides myself. Nearly got my arms chopped off on a roller coaster, thought I was going to die when I realized we'd reached the top of the free fall and fell and got lost in the house of mirrors. Jared and our friend Leo went on the spinning strawberries and spun them selves dizzy before the ride actually started. They also went on the super huge ferris wheel! I can't stand them, they're waay too high and scary for me. Leo likes to think he's tempting fate by riding carnival rides at least once a year. I guess he has a point though. We all started to freeze and proceeded to our Christmas dinner at good ole' Denny's. The wait wasn't that long. We had fun trying to get a fat stuffed pig out of that claw game(you know the one with all the stuffed animals). A certain someone kept swearing they could get it if her husband would only give her a dollar. So she gets her money, fails and still says it'll only take another dollar. We finally get seated and our waiter is this 12 year old monkey of a boy. Nice for the most part, but a little overwhelmed by the situation. He kept trying to rush us, like it was really going to make a difference. It took forever to get our food anyway and when we finally got it, it was less than filling. Poor Jared's food never came. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I think it had to do with the fact that he tried to order something they were out of and was being a smart ass about it. He did order something they had available, but I think they waiter got offended by his joke. Jared was just having fun. It may not sound like the best Christmas ever, but it really was a good one. In the end we all got to get out and have some fun with our families and friends and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

bethiepoos said...

I honestly could have won that stupid pig teddy thingy, but mark was being way too tight fisted with the cash!!! its only a dollar for goodness sake! and p.s your food was fantastic! and sorry about not helping with any of it!! my turn on tuesday! GULP!